Having just returned from lunch with a very full tummy, I thought I’d pass along what you can expect if you go to the new Riverwalk Graziano’s location for lunch.
- Expect a crowd. We were unsure if there would be a seat for us but a table cleared just in the nick of time.
- Expect limited hours for the buffet: 11-2 Monday through Saturday.
- Expect to pay ~$7.50 for the buffet, which includes unlimited refills on a fountain soda.
- Speaking of fountain soda, they have Diet Dr. Pepper. I like that.
- Expect lots of choices: Sicilian salad, marinated veggies, iceberg salad, pasta salad, cheese ravioli, pasta, meatballs, marinara, cheesesticks, jalapeno poppers, fried shrimp, pepperoni bites, rolls, pepperoni rolls, several different toppings on pizza, cookies and cake. Whew! No wonder I’m so full.
- Expect good service. When I asked about the availability of pizza without meat on the buffet, not only did they hook me up, but they delivered two slices right to my table.
They also offer 2 slices with a drink for $4.49 – I think I’ll get that next time to prevent myself from overdoing it again.
If you only go to the Town Center Mall in the 4th quarter then you probably don’t know that one of the most popular Picnic Place eateries has flown the coop. They chose to move instead of paying a much higher lease. Graziano’s can now be found at Riverwalk Plaza in South Charleston. Today a busy lunch crowd was enjoying the lunch buffet, which is now available until 2P.
Now for the GRIPE. My family wanted to eat pizza a couple of Saturdays ago. So after mowing the lawn and doing a day’s worth of chores we finally got around to leaving for dinner at 8:45P. Now I think most people believe you should be able to order a pizza until at least 11P. What time do you think this new location of Graziano’s closes? If you guessed 9p, you’re right. They kept their mall hours.
That Saturday, 12 people (including my family) were greeted by a locked door. Consider yourself warned.
Griff’s – Riverwalk Plaza, South Charleston, WV
I have been to Griff’s a grand total of three times since I moved to WV in 1998. All my experiences have been similar so at least they’re consistent. The taco salad I got the first time was just ok and the service was slow. During the second visit I only drank beer to celebrate the going away party for a former boss. I had a pint of New Castle and it was slightly warm. This last visit with the five was memorable to say the least.
After searching for a parking space in the far corner of the Riverwalk Plaza parking lot we seated ourselves on the deck to enjoy the last day of outdoor dining for the season. Tip: There is a parking lot behind Kroger and you can pull right up to Griff’s deck. That will save you a few minutes and believe me you’ll need it. After reviewing the menu our orders were taken in an acceptable time period. We placed our food and drink orders at the same time to speed the process. At this point the lunch marathon started. Continue reading
Posted in 2 Forks, 3 Forks, Lunch, Review
Tagged bar, Beer, Charleston WV, Fish Sandwich, Griff's, restaurant, Review, Riverwalk Plaza, South Charleston
As a lover of Mexican food, I have patronized nearly every Mexican joint in the greater Kanawha Valley area. Casa Garcia could not escape my chimichanga radar, effective within a 30-mile radius of my current location at any given time. In fact, one reason I am considering upgrading to an iPhone is so I can locate Mexican and Indian eateries when in unfamiliar territory.
Casa Garcia is located in Riverwalk Plaza in a space that used to be a Chinese place. On my first visit to Casa Garcia I noticed the décor had a lot of Asian flavor…but since then, the restaurant has transformed into a bright and cheery setting where you expect to receive a taco, not an eggroll.
Posted in 3 Forks, 4 Forks, Lunch, Review
Tagged alfresco, Casa Garcia, Charleston WV, Lunch, Mexican, quesadilla, restaurant, Review, Riverwalk Plaza, South Charleston, taco