Good news, readers.
In an informal interview today, Fork You learned that the Morocco Mediterranean Cuisine and Pizza is only temporarily closed.
When Subway vacates their Washington Street location, the Original Sinbad’s Pizza will move in. The transition should take place this fall. I can already smell the spinach-feta pizza…
The firehouse space is now open as Slider’s Pancake House, under the same owner. (Click on thumbnails below for full size menu.)
Some notable notes about Slider’s:
- all menu items are available all day long, including breakfast
- reasonably priced kids’ meals are available, featuring a PB&J with a drink for only $1.99 (perhaps Ron will attempt to order that for himself)
- salads are an option for the calorie-conscious diners
- sandwiches are served with your choice of fries or rings, or for $1 more, you can substitute roasted red potatoes or a baked potato
- plans are to operate 24 hours a day on weekends, beginning this Friday and Saturday – nothing can soak up the half dozen martinis you drank like a big stack of pancakes. Am I right?
Sam also told Fork You that the vacant space adjacent to the now-Subway-soon-to-become-Sinbad’s Pizza may have a future as a grocery for East Enders.