Take a look at the five finalists in the Best Food Blog category and it’s easy to see why. They are fantastic. I am adding these to the RSS feed app on my iPhone right away.
The Bloggies are in their ninth year of celebrating the best in blogging. Voters choose the winners and everyone can participate. It’s quick and easy and you’ll likely find some great new sites to keep you on the internet even more than you already are.
Finalists for Best Food Blog include:
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Written by a city slicker turned country bumpkin, I personally love this blog. I am really anxious to try PW’s recipes. And the photographs make me hungry.
- Smitten Kitchen. Called “a very cute web site” by Martha Stewart, you find great recipes here. The writer admits that her blog is fueled by wine and chocolate. My kinda gal.
- Cake Wrecks. Dedicated to making fun of cakes instead of baking them.
- Bakerella. Dedicated to baking and hopefully not mentioned in any of the Cake Wrecks posts. I can’t wait to make the cupcake pops. And apparantly neither could Martha, because she invited the writer to appear on her show!
- Chocolate & Zucchini. Another great recipe resource for folks that love to cook. Blogging from her home in Montmartre led to a full-time career for this foodie. And yes, she has recipes combining zucchini and chocolate.
While you are on the site voting, keep your mouse on the lookout for two other blogs I’d like to promote.
Ron is the cyclist in our family, having logged a great many miles on a mountain bike. He sometimes takes me along on easy rides of mostly paved roads with no dogs. I know a little bit about cycling stuff but The Fat Cyclist is a fun read even if you don’t. Ron calls him my boyfriend. He’s just jealous that I laugh more reading Fatty’s posts than I do his. I even emailed Fatty once and he replied! I saved it. Fatty (that’s what all his friends call him) is a finalist in the Best Sports Blog category.
A West Virginia blog made it to the big dance. Chickens in The Road is a finalist for Best Kept Secret. Suzanne McMinn writes about her life in Roane County, shares her recipes and posts some great photographs. You’ll definitely want to check it out if you don’t know about it already. And vote for her!